Aluminum duck boat plans - Buck Barn
Buck Barn

Interested In Advertising With Us? ...Click Here!

Go Back   Buck Barn > Main Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Son of Sam

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2015, 02:31 PM
Barner

Default Aluminum duck boat plans

I want to put together a modified jon boat for duck hunting and some river fishing,crabing,claming etc. All of the better welded aluminum boats are not cheap to say the least (im sure they are worth it) and dont seem to fit what I want. I have found tons of wood/fiberglass plans that seem to fit the bill but I want aluminum for durability and IMO ease of build. I have the skill set and shop to put together aluminum easier than wood anyway. I cant seem to find plans for aluminum jon boat or duck boats. Thinking 14-16' flat or semi v setup for a tiller outboard and mostly open deck, enough for 3 guys a dog and deeks. I dont want to waste material (money) and time trying to design my own. Much rather take a proven design and modify as needed. Anyone ever research this or know where I can download and or purchase plans?
BIG SHOOTER likes this.
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2015, 06:39 AM
Barner

I am also looking for plans to build a duck-fishing boat 17-18' out of aluminum. Did you find any plans for aluminum construction?