11/25/15 report. Hunterdon County - Buck Barn
Buck Barn

Interested In Advertising With Us? ...Click Here!

Go Back   Buck Barn > Main Hunting Forums > Bowhunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2015, 09:29 AM
Veteran Barner

Default 11/25/15 report. Hunterdon County

I took a day off yesterday and decided to hunt the farm in HunterdonCounty. It was nice and cold but a full moon. I usually donít see much during the day when the moon is full but you have no chance of getting a deer in you living room so when I can I hunt. I was expecting deer to come from behind me so I was up almost all morning making sure not to get surprised. Of course as I am turning around to sit down and rest I see a doe looking at me from the open field. She was heading right for me. She was looking through some trees so she didnít get a good look, only some movement. She was very big and had a fawn with here. Old girl circled around and got to the edge of the woods I was in about 70 yards to my left. She then walked nervously with the classic stumping of her hooves towards me to investigate, with her nose up in the air. She finally smelled me at about 40 yards, snorted twice like an elephant and retreated. She gave me one more look at 80 yards and took of like she saw a ghost. This was it for the day but since I was surrounded by all kinds of creatures, and I was bored, I shot several birds:-) The day ended with a nice looking moon. Back at it tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Veteran Barner

You pics just amaze me ..you need to start framing them and selling your work ..

Old 11-26-2015, 11:01 AM
Veteran Barner

Thanks Quack, I am glad you enjoy it,.
Photography is just got fun with me. Selling pictures would melee this a job, talking all the fin out of it
Happy thanksgiving!!!!