are ya ready for some smoke pole action??? - Buck Barn
Buck Barn

Interested In Advertising With Us? ...Click Here!

Go Back   Buck Barn > Equipment & How-To > Muzzleloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Veteran Barner

Default are ya ready for some smoke pole action???

well bow almost done for most n now we squirm for the next seasons to start except 6 day.so do you change youre tactics when gun seasons approach or just do what u been doing ?my self i change drasticly. i save spots to hunt just for muzzy n guns thick n swampy .. i jinx myself sometimes cause deer are still in open somewhat first day. but since pheasant n duck is in the deer hear the gunshots n vacate the areas early in am. whats youre plan? the spots i saved look pretty dam promising i can say too but only time will tell!!!!!!!!!! TIC,TIC,TIC,!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Veteran Barner

My plan is to stop deer hunting untill maybe winter bow. Most my spots are state land not worth me even hunting once the army goes through. Once gun season starts I consider deer season over. My freezer is full and I'm already looking forward to next years bow season.

2009 BUCKBARN DEER CONTEST CHAMPIONS
NJBOWHUNTER/THE RIDGE
Old 11-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Banned

No more tree hunting for me unless i hit one of my urban areas where i have to use a bow. To cold to sit still. I will have waders on walking the tideal ditches out in meadow hopeing to jump up a beast on a idland or hump and get a shot off.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Veteran Barner

yea 79 i always was gonna hunt them kinda places u describe . we used to fish alot n id find killer runs in reeds extc. just gas is too expensive for the ride for me.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Veteran Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbowhunter View Post
My plan is to stop deer hunting untill maybe winter bow. Most my spots are state land not worth me even hunting once the army goes through. Once gun season starts I consider deer season over. My freezer is full and I'm already looking forward to next years bow season.
not always tru NJ!!ive shot bucks in the state woods ,,they cant killem all and my favorite ones to shoot are the bucks they push into my private pieces lol ,,soon as i hear the yelling i stand up and face that way cause you know bucks will bust through the standers ,,,thanks club guys for all your hard work il kill your deers man that pisses them off darn!!i know when they hear my 1100 bark thier faces drop ooops i lost subject ,,any way GW my plans stay the same i hunt all private pieces ,,but if i hit the state woods im in the swamps deep ,,

Last edited by QUACKHEAD; 11-28-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Senior Barner

Everything stays the same except I back out a little and wait them out. They are a Slave to their stomachs now. I just wait for them to hit the remaining scrap crops and alfalfa. Pretty simple.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Veteran Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbouy View Post
everything stays the same except i back out a little and wait them out. They are a slave to their stomachs now. I just wait for them to hit the remaining scrap crops and alfalfa. Pretty simple.
mine eat twigs n acorns now!!!! Lol :d
Old 12-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Barner

I dont hunt with a rubber band and a stick. If im not burning lead through an animal Im not going (at least so far). I hunted PA without a score this year so I am hoping and praying I can turn a couple up on my private postage stamp (zone 46) of woods in the coming weeks to make some more sausage and stew cubes. I have never hunted Jersey to any extent in the past so we will see what time brings. If I can see them I can put a hole in them with the smoke stick. Going out this afternoon and dropping a couple of feed blocks and sitting till dark.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Junior Barner

I live in 23 close to state woods and drive 90 miles to zone 8 to get away from the orange maniacs. its all mountains and has never been driven in the 20 years ive hunted there.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:05 AM
Senior Barner

I have a love hate relationship with muzzle loaders. Back in the day I was just over 50 % with them. If I could put it in a pie plate at 50 yards I was happy. I would get hang fires, miss fired and caps that wouldn't fire. Now a days with the in lines ,scopes and bullets I am about 100 % with them. I just have to keep it as clean as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131221_170811.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	11602