Bows - Buck Barn
Buck Barn

Interested In Advertising With Us? ...Click Here!

Go Back   Buck Barn > Equipment & How-To > Bows & Arrows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Junior Barner

Default Bows

So last year I was new to shooting bows, after deciding to stick with it i sold my starter bow (parker) and am now looking to get into a new bow. What is everyone shooting, what would be a good investment, I hope to get ten or so years out of this next bow as price is not really going to be taken into consideration during my purchase. Thanks boys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Barner

You're going to get a lot of responses, mostly going to be preference. You cant really go wrong with any of the top manufacturers, it really comes down to features you're looking for (Solo Cam vs Cam & 1/2 etc...). Personally I love my Hoyt - fast, quiet, and accurate. Best advice is shoot everything you can. Find what feels right in your hand. I like my hoyt, I have friends that only shoot mathews, and others who are all about Bear. Like I said, all about what feels right to you. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:50 PM
Junior Barner

After doing a lot of reading of various forums and watching a lot of reviews I decided to go shoot some different Hoyt bows. I shot two different spyder turbos and a factor. I also shot a Prime I liked all of the bows very much but i ended up taking the turbo home. A big thanks to Guy at Fletchers Corner in Cape May Court House. He was very helpful in setting up the bow as well as giving me pointers in how to correct my form. As a matter of fact one of the bows that I shot was his personal bow. The bow is not cheap but you definitely get what you pay for. It preforms very well. Nice smooth draw cycle, the cams are not to jumpy but deliver when time comes. The loudest part of the bow is when the arrow hits the target. All in all my experience with Guy was one that I would recommend to anyone. If nothing else take a ride there and shoot in his indoor range. After a little while getting the first pid dialed in this is what i came up with at 20 yards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2241.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	15537  

Old 08-30-2014, 10:27 AM
Barner

Get Serious. Get Hoyt. Welcome to the Hoyt Club. Youll be happy guaranteed. Nice Group
Old 09-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Barner

I shoot bowtect. I have nothing but good things to say about it. I'm sure all high ends bows are the same. But coming from an older hoyt and going to a new bowtect was a huge diffence. My bow almost silent and is so light. I will try a few different. Brand when I'm ready for my next but I will be partial to bowtect.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:53 AM
Junior Barner

Lot of great bows on the market now. Have to shoot each to determine what you like.