New Bow - Buck Barn
Buck Barn

Interested In Advertising With Us? ...Click Here!

Go Back   Buck Barn > Equipment & How-To > Bows & Arrows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Barner

Default New Bow

Assuming I am lucky enough to get my christmas bonus this year I think its time for a new bow. I have been using a bow I bought off my friend. It is a Bowtech Black Knight and its a nice bow, but it is old and at the maximum draw length which is just barely long enough for me.

I am 6'7 so I have a long draw length (32"). I have been looking online at a few and really like the new Matthews as well as the Bowtech Insanitys.

Anybody have any feedback on either? Any reviews good or bad would be great, I have a few months to decide on one.

Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Veteran Barner

not much bad to say about mathews or bowtech both great bows. Your problem is the 32" draw that may limit you. Find out what bows are availble with a 32 draw then try shooting a few.

2009 BUCKBARN DEER CONTEST CHAMPIONS
NJBOWHUNTER/THE RIDGE
Old 08-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Barner

I just bought a Hoyt Vector 35, which can go up to a 32" draw. I also shot the Bowtech Insanity CPXL, which can go up to 32" draw. I liked them both alot. The Hoyt goes for $950. The Insanity CPXL $1100. Go with either, you can't go wrong. As tall as you are, you definitely want to get a longer bow like these 2. Talk to Ray at Strictly Archery in Washington.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Barner

Default Agree

I agree with all the replies. I just got a new bow and the options in a long draw length are limited. I needed a 30.5 or 31 inch draw and the options are limited. I shot the Hoyt and Mathews heli m. Heli m at 30" draw worked for me. Wanted to try the insanity but the price scared me off.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Barner

I've shot PSE in the past and loved them. Still shoot a fire lite from 1991 or so. However I got a Matthews Z7 Extreme last year and it is without a doubt the best bow I ever shot. Groups tighter and shoots smoother than my competition Mach 9. I'm 6-2 with a 29.5 draw length. For you the draw length will be the kicker. I would check out some of the longer draw length Matthews and see how how they shoot. I have been shooting for 22 years or so and definitely recommend checking out a Matthews with the right draw length. I'm that impressed with mine. I doubt the Z 7 Extreme will work for you given your draw length. Good luck in our search.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Senior Barner

Take the ride to Lancaster archery when you're ready. They will set up 20 bows for you to shoot before you drop any coin.

Make sure to shoot the Prime shift & centroid. They will both blow your mind & G5 offers free strings + service.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Junior Barner

I'll 2nd the Lancaster archery trip. Bottom line, shoot as many as possible. I have shot all my life and had my mind pretty much made up for a purchase this year. Untill I began shooting. I could have bought whichever one I wanted.....but went with the Quest Rogue. Shoot them all and go with what feels best. Don't follow a label.