Rests - Buck Barn
Buck Barn

Interested In Advertising With Us? ...Click Here!

Go Back   Buck Barn > Equipment & How-To > Bows & Arrows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Junior Barner

Default Rests

I'm very new to shooting a bow but I think I'm starting to make progress. This evening I was shooting for a little I took about 75-100 shots I started with 5 aarows and by the time I was done shooting I had torn the fletching on all but one. Rite now I am using a wisker biscuit, I have heard some talk about drop rests. What are you guys using any suggestions? And again thanks gents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Senior Barner

Thats the problem with those rests, good idea but tear up too many fletching over time. You may like a shoot thru or drop away rest better, I use the NAP quiktune 3000.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Veteran Barner

qad ultra rest or limbdriver. youll never use another whisker biscuit in your life

Old 08-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Barner

code red drop away is my favorite but everyone is going to say something different
Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Junior Barner

I used to use a Hostage Octane pro rest which is a variation on the whisker biscuit. It holds the arrow on three brushes and the fletching on the arrows doesn't touch the brushes when you shoot. If you like the whisker biscuit idea then check out the Hostage. I switched last year to the QAD Ultra rest and like the drop away style better.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Barner

Default Drop Away Rest

I shot 2 prong for years and when the whisker biscuit rage came along I jumped on board ..... Needless to say I was disappointed , I recently purchased a ripcord drop away and not only did I stop ruining my arrows but grouping got tighter and better consistency . Hope thAt Helps
Happy Hunting
Old 09-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmack290 View Post
I'm very new to shooting a bow but I think I'm starting to make progress. This evening I was shooting for a little I took about 75-100 shots I started with 5 aarows and by the time I was done shooting I had torn the fletching on all but one. Rite now I am using a wisker biscuit, I have heard some talk about drop rests. What are you guys using any suggestions? And again thanks gents.
It's always good to practice but there is such a thing as over doing it. When I was younger I would shoot for long periods of time too. But when you become fatigued you start to miss ....and then you begin to "tweak" your sight your rest and so on. But it's not the bow it is you.The first shot you make should always be the one that hits dead on.....when your stiff like you would be after sitting in a stand for hours.The second one don't matter. Groups are great....practice is important for building muscle .But over practice is a bad thing too.I shoot about a dozen arrows every day during the season.....If I miss the first that's a bad thing.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Barner

Default Vapor Trail

I shot a Golden Key Two Prong and switched to a biscuit with all the rage , as a seasoned shooter my consistency dropped drastically , I removed the rest within 2 weeks and went back to the two prong until Vapor Trail came around . I never looked back . You'll have torn fletchings from tighter groups not gimmicks .
My son also shoots a QAD hunter that is a manual reset type and alittle more economical ,at 60 bucks but works awesome
Hope that helps and Good Luck
Old 07-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Barner

Default Stay with it

Someone makes a plastic finger insert for the WB. It holds the arrow the same but does not tear off the fletching.

Joe Termite